Servant’s Heart Ministries is a charitable organization, dedicated to helping YOU, bring transformational change to individuals and communities.
In 2005 Phil and Donna Williams of Bridgewater, NS took part in a one week mission trip to the Dominican Republic. Their hearts were broken as they saw the immense needs of the Dominican and Haitian people. Six months later they answered God’s call on their life and moved to the DR. Shortly after Servant’s Heart was born.
Phil and Donna proceeded to work hard to become a part of the community and build authentic relationships. In doing this they have been better equipped to meet the needs of the local people. Throughout their time there they have diligently and lovingly served those in need. They do this through 5 main areas:
- Danica’s Dream Pregnancy Education Centers – provides an education and resource based program for expectant moms and their unborn child.
- Hugs for Kids School Program – provides a unique opportunity for a quality education
- Healthy Kids Program – provides much needed nutrition as well as health education
- SHM Relief & Development – reconstructs homes and offers relief programs as needed
- The Loma Project – this project includes building a community center that offers various programs to encourage education, strengthen families and build economic development.
We can only accomplish all this work with YOU and the help of short term mission teams, generous financial supporters, dedicated board members, and our wonderful staff and volunteers.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Servant’s Heart Ministries is a Christian humanitarian organization who believes in being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. In John 25:35-40 NLT Jesus says:
“For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’…I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’”
Servant’s Heart strives to do more than just serve those in need. Our goal is to work in partnership with communities to raise people up by equipping and empowering and by doing so we effect long term sustainable change in their lives.
Servant’s Heart Ministries is a Charitable Organization registered with the Canada Revenue Agency and our Canadian office is located on the beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia.